For tonight I am hoping to be able to accomplish the following (I don’t always get everything I plan done due to the fact that I have a small baby I am taking care of now) –
– tomato gazpacho – I have tomatoes, avocado, green peppers, celery, cucumbers – now have to find a recipe
– bean salad – I will rework a recipe I found based on my ingredients – I have zucchini, bacon, green beans, black and white beans, parmesan, basil, red onion. I want to marinate my ingredients though because I am not a big fan of fresh beans, fresh zucchini or fresh red onion. Here is the recipe I want to make –
Serves: 3 cups
- 2 cups of boiled beans
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- a handful of green beans, sliced on a bias
- ½ cup of Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoom of olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Make marinade, boil red onions, zucchini, beans for 3 minutes in vinegar and sugar.
- Cool the ingredients.
- Mix everything together.
That’s it, dinner is ready! Pictures to follow!
This post may contain affiliate links.