So, yesterday I figured I had Hawaiian buns, I had a pork roast, I decided to make pulled pork. I have very little time now to cook or do anything that requires two hands, as I am taking care of a baby, so this recipe was perfect! I had the baby in the high chair, and the prep time took me 10 mins max. Then put it in the slow cooker, and forget it! I used a recipe from Chow, and modified it to my liking, and to what I had on hand. Turned out to be divine slow cooker pulled pork – enjoy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-1.5 cups of water
- 1.5 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of horseradish powder
- 1½ teaspoon of grain mustard
- a dash of pepper to taste
- pork roast (I used boneless)
- 1-2 cups of barbeque sauce
- Place onions and garlic on the bottom of the slow cooker
- Make a rub of all of your spices, rub the roast with it, place the roast on top of the onions and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Add water
- Cover and slow cook for 6-8 hours.
- Take the roast out, pull the meat apart. Strain the onions, reserve the liquid.
- Put the onions, the meat back in the slow cooker. Add your barbeque sauce.
- Alternatively, if you are on a low carb diet, you may omit the barbeque sauce, and eat the roast with the reserved juices instead.
This post may contain affiliate links.