This is a sponsored post.
“Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak,” that is according to celebrity fashion stylist, Rachel Zoe. The way you put together yourself from the head, down to your toes, indeed, is how you make an impression, most especially in this growing culture of “Hi. Goodbye.”
Bring it on, Spring
Spring, unlike the cold and gloomy months of winter, is a time to welcome the sunshine and therefore a great time to go see, sit, have a tea and chat with the lovely people in your life. When you do bask in the sun, style it up in the best fashion trends for spring. Here are our top picks:
1. Metallic florals and pastels. Hands up to the extraordinary showing from Elie Saab. She lined up a delicious combination of mini dresses and sheer, long gowns in metallic pastel and glitter frosted fabrics. Who would have thought that glamor, star quality (the clothes literally have stars on them) and comfort can all be rolled into one —and, for the warm months of spring. The collection also showed what look like Kimono inspired dresses with neckline cuts running across the chest, all the way to the waist level. We also loved the glittery ball caps, very clever!
2. Lace and sheer fabrics. Beautiful, feminine sheer pieces also catwalk on the runways of Gucci, Rodarte and Alexander McQueen. Gucci has an old glam, 50s feel to the collection. One of our favorite pieces will have to be that olive green lace dress with the signature red and black stripes of Gucci lining the waist area. Rodarte had its signature ethereal look but, this time, some pieces came with embroidered and studded leather. Similarly, Alexander McQueen had leather pieces intertwined with sheer and silk fabrics.
3. Khaki. Undeniably the biggest of all fashion trends for spring, it seems that every imaginable clothing piece made of this ultra wearable material has been imagined and reimagined this fashion season. From the button-down shirt worn by Gigi Hadid on Miu Miu, to the assymetrical electric pleated dress from J. Crew, the khaki shone through. If you don’t have this piece in your collection yet, this is your investment piece for this season.
4. Embroidered details. In this aspect, we can’t make up our minds who pulled off the best embroidered pieces. Every top designer label including Valentino, Dolce and Gabbana, Alexander McQueen and Gucci had breathtaking embroidery in their designs that are so seamlessly infused in the overall look of the models that makes embroidery feels so much more casual and less stiff formal like it used to be. Even the bags and the shoes have embroidered details.
5. Flowers. Imagine a spring without flowers. Impossible, right? We thought so, too. Tory Burch had floral prints and patterns on her designs in vibrant spring shades. Every possible type of textile must have been adorned with florals this season. We love the unique take of Monique Lhuillier in combining different textures and accenting these with florals. On her more casual side, we fell in love with her red capri pants with floral details tastefully embroidered for accent
6. Bright and overdesigned. We’ve been seeing this inspiration on the Dolce and Gabbana shows since last year, and the rich colors and elegant mixing and matching of textiles and old world patterns adapted to the present are so visionary, we still can’t get enough of everything from that show.
7. 50s inspired dresses. When it is the combined perspective of highly respected fashion labels, Miu Miu and Gucci that are showing similar trends, it is indeed a trend. Both labels drew their overall themes from the 50s. We’ve seen dresses and sheer tops with front bow collars, patterned scarves and large, colorfully rimmed eyeglasses and sunglasses. We also fell in love with the extraordinary floral pieces from Miu Miu.
8. Beach stripes. We like them blue and white — marine-inspired just as Tommy x Gigi has envisioned their navy themed collection. This coming spring though, we’re also embracing the red and white trend. Altuzarra, Proenza Schouler, Rossie Assoulin, Lacoste and Marc Jacobs had standout stripes on their runways too.
Classy Spring OOTD Ideas For You to Try:
All set for spring? Keep in mind that, at the end of the day, it’s your bubbly personality, your vibrant wits, and your kind manners that will leave a lasting impression. But, in the meantime, get yourself put together well.
This post may contain affiliate links.