Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by BODYARMOR. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Every day here is different. Some days are busy and hard to keep up with. Other days I actually get to enjoy the weather with my toddler, and check out local parks. It all depends. One thing stays the same for me though, and that is what I do to stay energized and healthy throughout the week – not very easy to do, but I am glad I can keep up with my lifestyle with these few tricks.
1. Staying hydrated is everything. I love running around, but without proper hydration this is simply not possible with my workload. I have to be sure that I am able to catch my breath, and keep going throughout the day. I have promised myself to be drinking more water this year. Sometimes it is water that I drink. Sometimes it is coffee and tea that I love so much. Sometimes it is the drinks that I grab in the fridge that my kids love, and now I can enjoy with them as well.
- 20/cal per serving
- Naturally Sweetened
- Contains coconut water, electrolytes and vitamins
Check out BODYARMOR LYTE website if you are interested in learning more about this drink, and trying it. BODYARMOR LYTE is heavy on hydration and LYTE on calories. BODYARMOR SuperDrink is a premium, sports drink that provides superior hydration. It is packed with electrolytes, coconut water and vitamins and is low in sodium and high in potassium. BODYARMOR contains natural flavors and sweeteners and no colors from artificial sources.
Here is where these drinks are sold in our area: Safeway/Albertson’s, Fred Meyer, and then QFC. Check out this coupon that you can use – available now – http://drinkbodyarmor.com/coupon.php
2. Keeping a bag of nuts and seeds always handy. I know that nuts are fatty sometimes, but in a small amount I find that they help me stay energized and able to function just as much as water does.
3. Sometimes a protein bar is another great source of energy for me. I don’t often take those because of the sugar content that I am working on avoiding right now, but I am guilty of getting those on occasion, and putting them in my bag – they help me when I have a sudden feeling of hunger, and nothing else is available. We often go to parks with my toddler, and after all the running around I do need a healthy snack!
4. Cheese! This is another source of my daily energy! As I avoid carbs at all possible costs, I need to have a high fat diet to be able to function! Finding a favorite cheese that I can eat can be a bit challenging, as there are some that I don’t like as much, and as I am lactose intolerant it can be sometimes difficult to find the right one, but when I do, having those thin slices of cheese, or cubed cheese can be life changing! My husband has recently purchased a home slicer, and now we enjoy a lot of home sliced cheese, and it makes a huge difference.
5. Exercising daily may seem and sound like it would be draining, especially if you are lazy like me, or more, and if you are not used to exercising but I find it can actually give me more energy and an ability to function better on busy days. For me, walking and running is what I like to do. Of course, household chores are a great exercise, and having a busy toddler helps a lot as well. Exercising does not have to be specific gym type of activities, this can be simply part of your daily physical activity, what you do anyways, just doing more of it, for longer periods. Carrying a toddler around is not a lot different from lifting weights. Hiking and walking is about the same as using a treadmill.
6. Getting a good night’s sleep works wonders for me. Sometimes the level of stress is unavoidable – it can be job stress, family issues, or health scares – and there is nothing we can do about these things. We can’t just forget about them, throw them out of our lives, or avoid them. The stress is there, and will not go away; it often reminds about itself with every next phone call or email message. What we need to do most of the time is learn how to cope with it, and things we can do to allow our bodies regenerate the energy we use, and help our mind rest, and sleep is the easiest and most powerful way to deal with stress levels in my opinion.
Hope this post is helpful if you are struggling to keep up with your life. Most of these pieces of advice are so simple, and logical, yet it is surprising how difficult it might be to actually follow them, and stay on top of your daily activities, supplying your body with the energy to help keep you going. Let me know in the comments if there are any other things that you do daily to help you stay energized.
This post may contain affiliate links.